The Upper Deck Company’s annual O-Pee-Chee Red wrapper redemption program is back for another season. The Canada-exclusive program rewards collectors for every 50 O-Pee-Chee wrappers submitted this 2014-15 season.
“The promotion will only be available through Upper Deck’s network of Certified Diamond Dealers in Canada,” wrote Chris Carlin via the Upper Deck Blog. “The promotion is available while supplies last and once inventory is depleted, the promotion is over. There are no charges tied to receiving these packs from Upper Deck although some shops may request a nominal shipping and handling fee to send the wrappers in to Upper Deck’s Canadian Fulfillment Center.”
This year, along with the complete 600-card base set in red, there will also be a 50-card Mini Tall Boys series.
Collectors are asked to:
- Purchase HOBBY packs of 2014-15 NHL® O-Pee-Chee and collect the empty HOBBY wrappers.
- Submit groups of 50 HOBBY wrappers from 2014-15 NHL® O-Pee-Chee to an Upper Deck Certified Diamond Dealer (CDD) in Canada.
- The CDD will send in groups of 50 HOBBY wrappers for their customers to Upper Deck’s Canadian Fulfillment Center. Shipping information will be provided directly to Upper Deck’s network of Certified Diamond Dealers in Canada.
- Upper Deck will send one six-card pack for every 50 HOBBY wrappers received consisting of five red-bordered O-Pee-Chee parallel cards and one O-Pee-Chee Mini Tall Boy card.
- CDD will contact their customers to come pick up their packs when they arrive back at the shop.
This marks the third straight season that the Upper Deck Company has run the O-Pee-Chee Red wrapper redemption program in Canada. The program was first introduced with 2012-13 O-Pee-Chee hockey cards.