Panini America has provided collectors with a first look at the 2012-13 Limited hockey card series. The new series is expected to hit hobby stores in late December.
This will mark the third-straight year that Panini America has produced a Limited hockey series. The original “Limited” brand (then known as Leaf Limited) was produced for four-consecutive seasons from 1994-95 to 1997-98.
“When a locked-and-loaded 2012-13 Limited Hockey releases to the hobby, it will do so packing three autograph or memorabilia cards in every seven-card box (at least one autograph guaranteed) and a bevy of new collectible twists sure to be embraced by hardcore hockey fans,” wrote Tracy Hackler via Panini America’s The Knight’s Lance.
“Living up to its name, every base card in Limited Hockey will be numbered to 299, with captains numbered to just 99. But the real beauty of this season’s release can be found in a stacked insert lineup that features, among other niceties, Net Crashers cards embedded with pieces of net used during the 2011-12 Molson Canadian NHL All-Star Skills Competition, Jumbo Shield 1/1s and Limited Duels acetate die-cuts.”
MORE FROM PANINI AMERICA
* When pieced together, the unique Limited Duels acetate die-cuts reveal some of the NHL’s biggest rivals
Brand logo 1/1s punctuate the rare Manufacturer’s Mark insert
* Look for game worn Jumbo and Freshman Jumbo memorabilia inserts featuring jerseys, patches and 1 of 1 NHL Logos.
* Every pack will contain one rookie, star or legend autograph numbered to 299 or less, with rare 1/1 versions possible.
* Find Stanley Cup Signature and all new Trophy Winner Signature cards numbered to 99 or less.
* Also look for Monikers autographed embroidered patches, Back to the Future Autographs, Net Assets dual jersey and net cards, Bash the Boards acetate die-cuts and more.
Popularity: 1% [?]