• NHL Set of the Year: 2009-10 Upper Deck
For the second-straight year, the Upper Deck Co.’s Upper Deck brand has been selected 2009-10 National Hockey League Card Set of the Year by stores across Canada.
• The Henderson | Authentic game jersey from 1972
Henderson makes a wild stab for it and falls. Here’s another shot. Right in front. They score! Henderson scores for Canada!
• Draft prospects coming are coming to a CHL rink near you
Some of the game’s best draft prospects play in the Canadian Hockey League, the umbrella league for Canada’s three major-junior circuits. Prospects include Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Matt Puempel and Sean Couturier.
• The Boys are Back
Forget Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin, in Edmonton it is all about Taylor Hall, Magnus Pääjärvi and Jordan Eberle. It’s almost like the Crosby rookie year, but just here in Edmonton.
• NHLPA Rookie Showcase | by Scott Hicks
Every year, a new crop of National Hockey League rookies sparks the excitement of the media, fans, and collectors around the world.
100 YEARS OF COLLECTING
• 25 Most Influential Collector Brands In our first of four Top-25 lists in the 100 Years of Collecting series, hobbyists have recognized O-Pee-Chee hockey as the Most Influential Collector Brand in the last 100 years.
• 1910s: Imperial Tobacco
Somebody should send thanks to the company that started it all. One hundred years ago, Imperial Tobacco Canada of Montréal, QC produced three small sets one postcard set of hockey cards.
• ALL-TIME HEROES
Bill Cowley was not just amongst the best, he was the best National Hockey League centre four times during his career with the Boston Bruins.
• BLOG: How less rookie cards could mean more
Is it time we start improving rookie quality over rookie card quantity?
• PROFILE: Mike Cammalleri, Montréal Canadiens
The skilled centre was the best goal scorer in the 2010 NHL playoffs, scoring 13 goals in 19 games.
• BOOKS: The China Wall | by Johnny Bower with Bob Duff
“When you get an autograph from Johnny Bower, you actually feel like you know Johnny Bower as you walk away.”
• A PIECE OF HOCKEY: Washington Capitals Convention | by Barry Meisel
Nowhere else on the hockey planet could you find such a surreal scene as this: at the same moment Alex Ovechkin stickhandled through 11 young boys before snapping an 8-footer past a brave adolescent goalie in shorts and an oversized mask…
• THE HERSH REALITY: Nine guys that just won’t sign | by Hersh Borenstein
Most celebrities consider it an honour when someone asks for an autograph. All their hard work has paid off and they have achieved a level of recognition where total strangers now ant a piece of them.
Popularity: 2% [?]